The Bone Wars - also known as the Great Dinosaur Rush - was a period of rivalry between two wealthy scientists. Edward Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh had started out as friends, both sharing a love for science and paleontology. Unfortunately, their relationship turned sour when Marsh pointed out one of Cope's errors.
The new Bone Wars Geocoin has a 3-D front in black nickel, with a polished nickel velociraptor breaking free of the coin! On the back of the coin features the skeleton of a tyrannosaurus rex, the king of dinosaurs, in glow-in-the-dark enamel. Underneath him lies many scattered bones and skeletons of other dinosaurs under two different color translucents, one color for Marsh, and one for Cope. The tracking number can be found on a strand of vertebrae.
- Measures 1.75" (45mm) in diameter
- Translucent colors with a glow-in-the-dark dinosaur skeleton
- 3-D design on the front in two tone
- Trackable on geocaching.com
- An icon specific to this coin will show on your profile when you log a discovery